The Cleese: A Silly Walker
PureMVC for the good of mankind
click here to see large version (800 x 600)
Instructions on How to use the Interface:
- Use Shift + Mouse Click to add a key frame.
- You can drag the Feet, the Hip, and the Head, to change position of the sprite.
- Use Arrow Keys to move whole sprite around.
- Key Frames can be dragged, copied, pasted on, and deleted.
- Use Onion Skin to help with animation.
- The animation speed can be altered using the selector just below the timeline (at the bottom left corner of the timeline).
- You can select one of seven the pre-built animations by clicking on the numbered buttons.
hen I first had the idea for this app, I thought, "Someone must have had this idea before." A quick visit to google and guess what: yes, someone did think of this before. But then I thought, ah, what the hell. I like that sketch too much to care. I might, some day, do the same type of application using a dachsund, or a really fat Elvis doing his pathetic karate moves.
I wanted to use PureMVC on an application using three arbitrary rules: The Proxies could only be accessed through Commands; Commands were the only things that could use retrieve calls for proxies and mediators; and all data had to be transfered through Notifications. I did this just to see what would happen, and the result as one would expect was a lot more commands, but also a lot more organization and breathing space.